2021 Clean Ride & Drive Recap
Thank you for an Amaazing Clean Ride & Drive Event!
Bedford2030 wants to thank the Bedford community for coming out to celebrate the transition to clean transportation. Over 300 people stopped by to check out all our amazing partners and vendors. It was an amazing day with perfect weather and incredible electric options from everything from school buses, to bicycles to lawn equipment. A special thank you to Electrify American and National Drive Electric Week for all the swag and funding this event. We can’t wait for next year!
Even if you missed the 2021 Clean Ride and Drive, everyone can take action today to reduce the environmental impact of the transportation sector:
– Sign our petition in support of bringing electric school buses to Bedford Central School District and Katonah Lewisboro School District
– Pick out your next car – and make it an electric vehicle. Federal and state incentives available
– Recommend a location for a new bike rack in town
– Find your nearest EV Level 2 and fast charger
– Check out the first release of Bedford2030’s biking map to help educate the community on speed limits, bike parking and road shoulder size
Thank you to all our vendors and partners:
- Nolvi’s Deli
- Audi of Hawthorne (e-Tron and e-Tron Sportback)
- The Premier Collection – Volvo (XC40 Recharge)
- Colonial Ford (Mach-e)
- Westchester County including an all electric BeeLine transit bus that attendees could board
- Sierra Club with local advocacy information and being an event sponsor
- 511 RideShare
- N& S Electric – a local EV home charger installer
- Empire Clean Cities (Advocates for electric school buses and clean transportation)
- Town of Bedford IDEA Committee
- Town of Bedford Bedford Police Department including their Nissan Leaf used for traffic enforcement
- Bedford Mowers – including all electric large and small lawn equipment
- Hickory & Tweed – a local bike shop with electric and regular bike. Special thanks for donating our raffle supplies!
- Blink Charging – for their donation of a home charger!
- Plan it Wild – a local landscaping company highlighting the advantages of electric lawn equipment
- NY League of Conservation Voters – including information on electric school buses. They also sponsored a White Plains school bus to attend the show and for attendees to board
- And all our local attendees that stopped by: Westchester County Executive, George Latimer; White Plains Mayor, Thomas Roach; Bedford Supervisor, MaryAnn Carr; Bedford Deputy Town Supervisor and Democratic Supervisor Candidate, Ellen Calves; Republican Supervisor Candidate, Tom Scott and Bedford Town Board member, Bobbi Bittaker
- Our amazing local EV owners that opened up their cars for the commuity to share their personal EV’s:
- Tesla Model Y
- Tesla Model X
- Toyota Rav4 Prime
- Hyundai Kona
- Hyundai Ioniq
- VW ID4
- Porsche Taycan
- Chevy EUV
- Chevy Volt
- And a special guest, Betty Ford, a 1969 F-100 pickup retrofitted to be electric!