Every one of us has a voice and a vote
We need our community to continue to make their voices heard about climate change and the environment. Your local officials, congressperson, and state representatives are elected to represent your interests and concerns.
VOTE! Learn about the issues, and communicate with your elected leaders to push a green agenda!
IMAGE COURTESY OF MIKHAIL NILOV, PEXELS
IMAGE COURTESY OF CITIZENS CLIMATE LOBBY
Here are some groups you can support and get involved with:
- NY League of Conservation Voters evaluates and endorses candidates and proposes and advocates for green policy in NY.
- Citizens Climate Lobby is a nonprofit, nonpartisan group that helps citizens advocate for the climate.
- NRDC is the Natural Resources Defense Council
- EDF is the Environmental Defense Fund
Learn about your elected officials, boards, commissions, and committees, and see upcoming meeting dates:
- Town of Bedford (includes Bedford Village, Bedford Hills, Bedford Corners, and Katonah)
- Mount Kisco
- Pound Ridge
Look up your NY state representatives here
YOUR NEIGHBORS ARE SPEAKING UP
“I was part of a group of concerned citizens that worked with the town board, local grocery stores, and the public to push for a fee on paper and plastic bags. In April 2019, the town law went into effect that has helped increase reusable bag use by 80% at our three Bedford grocery stores.”
–Diane Pincus, Bedford Village